Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Crossing Arbitrary Lines

The world is far smaller than what it seems. From mountain to mountain; sea to sea. The world I live is in the palm of my hand. It can be small. It can be large. It all depends on where you are.

Create your own world. Your own reality. Make it small and personal. Where necessity is a mere 200 paces down the street. Where friendship is a brief knock on a door. Where happiness is a pen and paper; a cover and ink. Do not expand to the brink of uncongeniality. A constant giddiness that forces unnecessary movement, mindless consumption, and haphazard thoughts.

So much time is wasted on regression and degeneration. So much time that cannot be gained back. What could have been developed is instead relic and ruin. For some, the switch is never flipped. For others, it never burns out.



ΑΝΤΙΣΤΑΣΗ





Here is a little bit of what is going on with me lately. For those who I have neglected upon my return, I sincerely apologize. Things have been a bit hectic lately and my mind is scattered all over the place like in Fuhrerbunker, 1945.



I have started baseball, and I have been practicing about 4-5 hours a day for the past 2 weeks. I am really rusty, and hoping to shake this free soon because the season starts in about 3 weeks.



My semester starts this coming tuesday. I am enrolled in the following five classes:
  • History of Chicano Los Angeles
  • History of Modern Philosophy
  • Philosophy of Religion
  • American Constitutionalism I
  • Modern Movements in Anarchism - Anarchist Archives


I will be working at KSPC this semester as a Dj once again. I still do not know what time or day my show will be so let's leave that at a TBA. I do know, however, that I will be hosting live sets from both Dangers and Restrained. I am also going to be shooting for an interview with Joe Denunzio of Infest.



I am still working Sunday evening shifts at Buca Di Beppo in Claremont. I need to continue saving up money in order to get out to Europe again. I have made a few "New Year's Resolutions" for myself: (1)I will not buy a single article of clothing for an entire year (2) I will save up at least 1000 quid to fund my next trip to Europe (3) I will finish my rib cage tattoo of the Mayan folk art as well as put a Greek folk art version of the Venus Fly Trap on my shoulder (4) I will read at least 10 books concerning Spain.* (5) I will record the folk project I have been working on with Nino by the end of the year.

*I have already finished Ghosts of Spain and For Whom the Bell Tolls. I am currently reading The Sun Also Rises and The Basque History of the World. I just picked up Homage to Catalonia last night!






The home does not belong to you. You belong to your home.
-Anonymous Euskaldun





0 comments: