Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Whimsicality is Second Nature

This summer, I will be traveling around Europe for four months solely with a backpack. I will be out there for a few reasons: Anarchy Archives, Family, Friends, G8 Summit, Education, Leisure. Sometimes it just makes more sense to get up and do something drastic. Perhaps, this is more the time than any other. I hope this journey converges somewhere between Orwell, Thoureau, Kerouac, and Curtis. Perhaps it will circle back again where someday I will find my own name for myself.

Here is an abstract of the journey along with a map:

0. Madrid
-Toledo (June 2-4)

1. Andalucia
-Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada (June 5-10)

2. Portugal
-Lisboa, Sintra (June 10-14)

3. Castille
-Segovia, Leon (June 14-16))

4. Basque Country
-Mundaka, Bilbao, Guernica, Zugarramurdi, Itxassou, Atxondo, Elantxobe, Durango, Balmaseda (June 16-25)

5. France
-Rennes, Chartres(Chateaudun), Dijon(Auxerre), Dole (June 25-July 1)

6. Switzerland, Northern Italy
-Berne, Lausanne (July 1-4)
-Bergamo, Venice, Florence, Balogna (July 4-9)

7. Central Italy
-Roma, Naples, Bari (9-15)

8. Greece
-Kefallonia (July 15-22)
-Athens, Ioannina, Papingo, Zagoria, Kalambaka (July 22-31)

9. Eastern Europe
-Ljubijana, Budapest, Prague, Vienna (Aug 1-12)

10. Black Forest
-Stutgart, Konstanz (Black Forest), Schaffhausen (Aug 12-20)
-Luxembourg (Aug 20-24)

11. Barcelona (Aug 24-26)

12. England
-London, Manchester (Aug 25-Sept 8)



I will be creating a new blog that is only geared towards my travels in Europe. There, I will post all pictures, stories, and finds because I assume there will be an abundance and I do not wish to bog this blog down.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Just now I read on your blog that is not late for your visit to Bari:
7th Central Italy
Rome, Naples, Bari (9-15)
I hope that you are here as soon as possible.
I am also on holiday until Sunday 12 July.

We are waiting for you!

Sylv